Our first Poker nights are Tuesday, Febrary 12 thru Friday, February 15. We need volunteers to commit for those dates NOW! We normally work two shifts – 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. & 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. with two people per shift. Our role is to sell and redeem the poker chips from the players of these card games for which we receive a table rake every hand by the house dealers.
It will be at the 5 Star Lanes just west of Troy. It takes about 20 minutes to get there from Lake Orion. We have three other four day events scheduled, March 28 - 31, May 4 - 7 and May 24 - 27.
We have been qualified for community service (must 18 or older) by the court system if you know anyone needs it.
Check back here or the Lake Orion Fireworks Association Facebook page for more volunteer opportunities.
Mark your calendars! Schedule your picnics and parties!
The 2013 Lake Orion Fireworks will be Thursday, July 4th!
The rain day will be Friday, July 5.
1st Place - Rich Behmish $6500.00
2nd Place - Leslie Rose $3250.00
3rd Place - Jerry Sylvain $2600.00
4th Place - Lake Orion Boat Club $1300.00
5th Place - G. Schassburger $650.00
6th Place - K. Klements $650.00
7th Place - M. Holobaugh $325.00
8th Place - B. Franks $325.00
9th Place - M. Shafor $130.00
10th - 14th Place $65.00
Lake Orion Boat Club
15th - 20th Place $33.00
Winners: Sorry, we did not sell all the tickets. Approximately 700 were left. Please see the disclaimer on the back of the tickets.
The Lake Orion Fireworks Association would like to thank everyone who donated this year.
- The Lake Orion Fireworks Association is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteer community members.
- There are no paid committee members.
- All funds to pay for the fireworks display are raised thru donations from both area business's and individual community members, as well of various fund-raising activities.
- The L.O.F.A was formed in 1990 by Nick Christi, a Lake Orion resident and owner of Christi's bar and grill in Lake Orion. Nick is still active in sponsoring fund raising events for the fireworks.
- The display is put on by Wolverine Fireworks, a professional fireworks company.
- They provide the insurance required by the village of Lake Orion and are experts in advising our committee on safety measures and regulations to insure that we can deliver the best show available while keeping the estimated 100,000 spectators safe from harm!